Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Giving Up, Temporarily

Last night I simply couldn't face another night of trying to shift Amelia into her cot and I simply gave up and decided to have a night off. She and I curled up together and slept blissfully until 8:00. I have a vague recollection of her having a feed, sometime between midnight and the morning, but perhaps not. Consequently, I'm feeling a bit better and well-rested this morning.

What worries me at the moment though, is that unless I can sort out Amelia's sleep problem (now there's a thought: when did her sleep pattern/habit become a problem? Only since I've been trying to transfer her into her cot really!) before I go back to work in September, I am going to be so tired that I'm not going to be able to function well at work. Of course, thinking like that is also counter-productive, I know: it's effectively putting a deadline upon Amelia and I to resolve this sleep thing, one way or another, and deadlines just mean more stress. So, I really shouldn't think like that. (It still worries me though.)

Sheep and I are wondering if we should change tack entirely. Move the full-size spare bed (single) into Barnaby's room and turn his toddler bed back into cot-mode. Then move the toddler bed/cot next to our bedroom in a 'sidecar' arrangement, as this cot has a full drop-side. Then I can feed Amelia laying down in the cot and hence there is no need to transfer her when she is sleepy/asleep after a feed. Eventually, when she is used to that cot, we can move her into her own room - in the same cot.

Downside? Our room will barely fit both our bed and this big cot as it is quite large - significantly larger than her current crib/cot. Sheep measured it last night, though, and he thinks it will fit. When do we do the changing around? After our holiday?

2 Comments:

At 5:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you!

Glad you took a rest!

What would happen if you just let Amelia sleep by you even when you went back to work? Probably it would work fine until you finally decided you wanted a bit of your own life (with sheep) back again.

Would the problems then start again? Maybe worse, maybe better, Sorry I don't know the answer.

Yer ol Man

 
At 11:41 pm, Blogger Arcy_Dee said...

Well, there is still that coroner's report which sparked off this whole move-her-into-her-cot campaign... Also, I suspect that it would still be difficult to move her at 12 months anyway, which was when we moved Barnaby. It's a bit of a no win situation - pain now or pain later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home